Various studies show employee well-being & stress in the workplace is one of the biggest issues globally and has escalated progressively over the past few decades. Increased levels of job stress are causing many health-related problems such as heart attacks, hypertension and depression to name but a few.
Stress-related distraction or sleepiness account for an estimated 60 to 80 percent of accidents on the job, according to the American Institute of Stress
The Health Safety Executive in the UK highlighted in 2016/17;
- 526,000 workers suffering from work related stress, depression or anxiety (new or long standing) which has increased by 8% from the previous year.
- 5m working days were lost due to work related stress depression and anxiety which has increased by 7% from the previous year.
- The cost of mental ill health cost the UK economy £70bn per year.
Beyond360 own commissioned report of 3000 workers found the following;
- 35% of workers found their job to be extremely stressful
28% of workers stressed by their work”
- 41% said they need help from their employer on how to manage stress.
A number of factors are causing stress related problems which include, long hours, work/life balance, maganement ability to recognize stress and find effective solutions.
At beyond360 we work closely with employers to ensure we understand what’s driving stress and design programmes such as work life balance strategies. Another effective evaluation tool is a Health Risk Assessment (HRA). The HRA is an online or print questionnaire provided to employees that helps identify risks for diseases and contributing lifestyle factors, such as stress levels. The HRA enables workers to learn about their individual risks and can be an effective motivator towards making healthy lifestyle changes to reduce those risks.
Our beyond360 engagement hub, Harmony, provides rich video content to help exercise and relaxation techniques which can help lower the stress response in the body and improve well-being.Learn more